A good day 5:15 PM







So, today has been a good day overall...I am tired, only slept maybe 2 hours last night. I think that I might go try and take a nap here in a few minutes. Madeline is doing really really well. She's really healthy and content. We are working on the breastfeeding, but my milk hasn't really come in yet. But, she's latching on, and getting colostrum!



Pray that her kidneys are functioning properly, they did an ultrasound today. This a standard test on all babies born with 2 vessel umbilical cords. They seemed fine according to the technician, but we won't know for sure until tomorrow.



Also, on a very mild note, she has a rash on her checks and chin, we think from the blankets and clothing the hospital provided. We changed her clothes and blankets, but she still has alot of redness. I have calendula salve and an oil blend that seem to be helping! So, pray that her little rash goes away!



We are HOPING to get to maybe go home a day early. Normally with c-sections, they keep you at least 3 days, but I haven't taken anything stronger than ibuprofen, and she's not having any issues, so the midwife told me to ask the doctor tomorrow morning when they make rounds. We are ready to go home...I am sure that our animals miss us!



That's it for today! Here are more pictures!



Jennette



oh yeah, on our way home, we have to go to the pediatrician to have her oxygen levels checked. Since we live at such a high elevation, she might have to be on oxygen until she gets acclumated to the altitude. We are right on the cusp of it being required!! So, pray that she doesn't need it, even though it won't be too big of a deal if she does!

7 comments:

Jimmie's Auntie Amber said...

Cole's skin was extremely sensitive when he was little. He would break out in rashes from clothing and detergents. I'll be praying for Maddy's rash to go away and that her Kidneys are perfect! Hopefully her blood gasses will be great and she will not need oxygen.

She is so adorable!! Keep those pictures coming!

I hope you get to leave early too. I'm so glad your pain isn't too intense.

Are you ready for Baby Boot Camp??? That's what is coming. Boy the next 6 weeks is always a marathon! But so awesome!

Love you!
Ams

Anonymous said...

Congrats again, girl! She is so pretty!
~morgan~

Anonymous said...

She is so precious! Even though you feel good... dont overdo it! Two c-sections in less than 18 months does a number on the body! Make yourself take it easy. Believe me you will be sorry later if you dont. :) Congrats and keep the pictures coming!! Ashley

Leanne said...

She is so precious! I am so happy for you all! I'm sure she is already Daddy's little girl. My girls our both daddy's girls! I'll be praying for all those concerns. Love the pictures. You are a wonderful mommy, Jet.
Love you,
Aunt Leanne

Anonymous said...

Oh she is so cute! I love the polka dotted pants and I see that she got her bunny from Anna!
Love you bunches,
Aunt Andrea

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you guys, she is so gorgeous!!
*Sheena*

Post a Comment