At home since Friday!! 4:34 PM

Well, things have been going well since we have been home. The only setback has been that Maddy has to be on oxygen for awhile. It has nothing to do with her lung function, but since we live at 8500 feet in elevation, it is going to take awhile for her lungs to acclumate to the thin air. The doctors told me that we will wean her off slowly, and they aren't really sure how long to expect. Every baby is different. Hopefully, it will only be a couple of weeks. It's been a pain, she keeps trying to pull the cannula off of her face, but since we have it taped, all she succeeds in doing is pissing herself off and screaming at the top of her lungs!!!!
Sleep has been alright, just sneaking an hour or two in wherever I can. It's taken a bit to get used to. I am glad that my mom is here, it has really helped Jason and I get a bit more sleep.
Breastfeeding is a challenge right now. She's not really taking the breast, because my milk has been a bit slow to come in. It's in, just doesn't get to her as fast as she would like. So, we have been pumping and then bottle feeding. I am a bit disappointed, but at least she is getting breastmilk and I actually know how much she is getting!
Well, I have a fussy hungry baby next to me, so I need to get. Just thought that I would update everyone! I will post some more pictures tomorrow.
Jet

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the update! I am sending up prayers for the breastfeeding and adapting to the higher altitude issue!
Love you,
Aunt Andrea

Leanne said...

Yes, thanks for the update. I'll keep you in my prayers. So thankful that Maddy is healthy--what a blessing. I can't wait to see more pics.
Love ya,
Aunt Leanne

Anonymous said...

glad to hear that she is doing good

Jimmie's Auntie Amber said...

Thanks for the update!! I'm praying for you to sleep and for the breast feeding to work out. Once your milk comes in all of the way- sometimes you just have to eliminate the option of the bottle and it only takes a day or two for baby to get use to and love the breast! I'll pray that happens for you. But that no matter what- I'll also pray you'll be able to be at peace with whatever the situation.

I love you guys and I can't wait for more pictures!

Post a Comment