Quick Update... 7:31 PM

HI all! I was doing a good job at updating this, but have kinda fell off again! Imagine that!!! Anyways, we went to the doctor on Thursday, and Maddy is doing well. She weighs 14lbs 4oz and is 25 1/2 inches long! Big girl!!!! It was so different from the last time we went, which was 2 months ago. She was so interested in everything and was trying to steal the stethoscope, the tape measure, and the paper off the table! She wanted everything!!
Our doctor, Dr S. ( I can't remember his full last name!) was just floored by how strong Maddy is. Jason and I have thought that she was pretty strong, but honestly, we haven't been around alot of babies, so we weren't sure! He didn't believe me when I told him that she gets on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth. He didn't think that I meant all the time, but she does ALL the time! She can pretty much sit up by herself now too, which is cool.
The one thing that I found to be a relief was that he didn't pressure me at all about shots. She was due again, but as I have said before, we aren't comfortable with vaccinations yet, so we don't do them. I guess he looked at her chart, and saw we had declined them before, because all he said was..Well, enjoy your trip to Missouri, and no shots today. We will see you in a few months. I was kinda shocked. I had planned on having a pretty long discussion with him about it, because I was SURE that he was gonna try to talk me into it! He was very respectful! I was glad about that, because I didn't feel up to rehashing everything again!
All in all, she's just about as perfect as you can get! We are soooo lucky, and we know that! We don't take anything for granted at all!
To all our friends and family in Missouri, we will see you a few weeks. Pray that Maddy does good on the flight out there! Hopefully the change of environment won't be too hard on her!
Jet

2 comments:

Leanne said...

She's so doggone cute! I can't wait to see her. I'm glad the doc didn't give you a hard time! Yes, I think she is way advanced for her age! Watch out!
Love you,
Aunt Leanne

Jimmie's Auntie Amber said...

Can't wait to kiss those pretty cheeks!

Post a Comment