Maddy's first boo-boo! 4:32 PM

So, I am not sure exactly what happened, but I noticed earlier this afternoon that Maddy has a fat lip! I was mortified, of course, because I have NO IDEA when it happened. I think that she either A) bonked her face on the crib while screaming bloody murder trying to get out last night, or B) bonked her face on our hardwood floors in the living room when she scooted/crawled off the rug. She keeps chewing on it too. I gave her some teething tablets again, but they haven't stopped her from chewing on her lip or her hands! Mommy feels bad for her.
She is still throwing up a substantial amount of milk after she eats. I am not sure if she is eating too much at a time, although I do try to pace her. She can be a piggy wiggy! Like always, I try to keep her sitting upright after eating, and as long as she doesn't squirm a whole lot (yeah right!) she's fine. She is still having plenty of wet diapers throughout the day, so I am hesitant to say anything to the pediatrician about it. I don't want them to put her on any medication that isn't really necessary.
Aunt Andrea, I tried your suggestion about the oxygen, but she literally ripped the cannula off her face as soon as i got it on! And then wouldn't let me come near her face with it again. Stubborn little thing....I can't IMAGINE where she gets it from! :)
The more I think about it, the more I think that her tummy is just upset from all of the spit she's swallowing. So, unless her diapers aren't wet, or she seems to be in pain, I am not going to stress on it!
As always, please pray for Jimmie and the Gravitts! I haven't heard anything today yet, but I am hoping they are a step closer to figuring out what is wrong with him!
jet

0 comments:

Post a Comment