oatmeal baths 9:27 PM

Well, we ended up going to the doctor on Thursday. Dr. L was very thorough and checked Maddy over from head to toe. And, *drumroll please* she has.....A RASH! lol!!!! So, we really didn't find anything out, except for she was pretty sure that Madeline's rash was not being caused by bacteria or a virus. We went through anything and everything that could have caused it, but couldn't come to any conclusions. We haven't changed soaps, or introduced new foods, or anything like that. But, the more I look at it, I think that it is a mild case of eczema of some sort.
It doesn't seem to itch her, but today the bumps seemed more scaly and dry. They were never fluid filled or anything before, but they looked more similar to heat rash.
So, I did some research and before bed gave Maddy a lukewarm bath. I put a drop of chamomile essential oil, plus a chamomile tea bag in the bath. I also put some whole oats in an old sock and put that in the bath too. It seemed to help soothe her skin; it definitely took some of the redness away. Then after her bath, I put some salve on her that I make (calendula oil, shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax). She was VERY relaxed and went to sleep very quickly. I am hoping that in the morning, the rash will have subsided some. I don't want to use topical steroids unless nothing else works. Fingers crossed that this natural approach works!
Oh yeah, Maddy waved tonight!!! I don't think she knows exactly what it means, but for the last week or so, I have been opening and closing my palm (you know, a baby wave) and telling Maddy to wave. I try to do it when I leave for work. I will wave and say "bye bye". So, tonight I started waving at her again and she waved back. Then for the next 15 minutes she would periodically look down and her hand and wave to herself. It was hilarious. She was so proud! It was cute!
I will keep you posted on the rash. Let's pray for healing.
xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been having a terrible time with eczema on my elbows lately. I have tried oatmeal and it works pretty well. But maybe I need to use your salve mixture. I hope the rash goes away, poor thing.

Jimmie's Auntie Amber said...

I'm glad it's not anything serious! I'll keep praying for sweet Maddy. That is so cute that she's waving!! Maybe she'll show me herself when you are here in a couple weeks! (-:

Love you,
Am

Post a Comment