liquor and baby food?!hahahaha.... 11:02 PM

I have been sitting here staring at the computer screen, debating whether or not to even type anything in. Why, you ask? Because my life is boring! Very boring indeed. But, honestly, that is alright with me.
We took a trip to Grandma's house today. We hadn't been down to the "big city" in awhile, so Maddy and I took a trip down the mountain. I had some errands to run for the restaurant, including going to the liquor store, so she stayed at Grandma's. I suppose I could have taken her with me, but I always feel a bit strange when I do that. It seems kinda odd to take a 7 month old into a liquor store and proceed to buy a couple hundred bucks worth of booze. People look at me funny enough when I have that much alcohol in my cart, I can imagine the looks I'd get if Maddy was with me!
Afterwards, I headed to the grocery store to buy some stuff to (finally) made some baby food! I was running dangerously low on alot of things, and we were all out of the Earth's Best food that we use for backup. I got lots of fruits and veggies and have lots of good recipes planned. Here's a sample of what Maddy is gonna get to eat for the next week or so...
Egg Yolk and Veggie Scramble
Tropical Fruit Puree
Green Beans and Peppered Rice
Brown Rice Chicken and Peach Stew (sounds weird, I know, but I think it'll be good)
Beef Zucchini Barley
Chicken Mango Risotto (yes, I stole that one from Earth's Best)
Plum Banana Oatmeal
Apple Yogurt Oatmeal
Sweet Pea Turkey Brown Rice
and more!
I'm trying to figure out how to best do this. The only thing I am not sure on is how to store the meats. I'm just not sure if I can freeze them after pureeing them or not. It would certainly make things easier, but I want to make sure that it will still taste alright. I'll freeze everything individually in ice cube trays and then can mix them altogether as needed. I'm thinking that will work the best since I have multiple recipes using lots of the same ingredients.
Maybe tomorrow I will take some pictures of my wonderful creations!
Oh, and as for me, I might eat some of this stuff before I puree it, cause some of it sounds pretty dang good!

1 comments:

Jimmie's Auntie Amber said...

LOL at the thought of you buying all of that liquor with Maddy on your hip. That would be funny!

Post a Comment