A week of firsts! 11:57 AM

Well, I haven't posted in awhile, things have been slightly crazy around here and probably will be for the rest of the week. I probably won't post again till Saturday. Thursday we are getting family pictures taken by a wonderful photographer named Julie. You can visit her website at www.afinephotographer.com. She was our NILMDTS photographer when Gabriella died. For those of you that don't know NILMDTS stands for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep. It is a nationwide organization made up of volunteer professional photographers that donate their time to taking pictures for families that have lost or are losing a child. They are a remarkable organization and very near and dear to our hearts. We are so excited to be able to see Julie again and to have her meet Madeline. She was there in a very intimate and heartbreaking time in Jason and I's life and gave us the gift of beautiful pictures of our sweet Gabby.
So, this week Madeline cut her first tooth! I have no pictures yet, but you can feel the little thing pretty good! It's sharp! It's not completely pushed up through the gum yet, but hopefully for her sake, it will be soon!
Another first this week, was Maddy's first Christmas tree!

It's pretty small because, well, we have a small house and this tree fits perfectly in this little window cubby. I haven't had a Christmas tree up in the house in almost 6 years, so I was excited to have one this year. I bought a couple of new ornaments.
One for Gabby

And one for Madeline

And, this one, my mom gave me a few years ago, and this is the first time I have ever had a tree to put it on!


Maddy loves the Christmas lights and all the shiny ornaments. Luckily, she can't get to them! Now, if I could only figure out how to keep the cat away from it!


3 comments:

Jimmie's Auntie Amber said...

Awww your tree is cute! I teared up at the ornament for Gabby. That is cool Julie is going to do your pictures! Love you! Miss you!

Rachael said...

so cute. I look forward to the family pics

Leanne said...

Love the tree and the ornaments! Maddy looks so cute too! Can't wait to see the pics. I read the other blogs that you've done. I hadn't read in a while. I'll be praying for you. I know all about hard financial times.
Love you!

Post a Comment