a busy life... 10:27 PM

So, my promise of updating the blog on Saturday came and went...I'm almost a week late. Whoops! Things have been busy here lately. Trying to figure out our lives...Business at our restaurant has still been slow, though this week it is slowly picking up. That and the fact that we are cutting back on staff, has helped make us a little more money. We had a benefit last Friday for 3 families whom lost their homes to fire on Thanksgiving day, so I think that helped get us some business afterwards too. A win/win for everyone.
Jason and I are going to (have to!) start working more hours, which means that instead of taking Maddy to a babysitter, which we can't afford anyway, we will be taking her to work with us when we are both there at the same time. We are in the process of setting up a play area for her. We need to get a couple of baby gates and would love to find some of those interlocking foam mats. Obviously toys too, but any other suggestions would be great. We want to make it as fun for her as possible!
Nothing really new going on. Maddy is getting big! She's been giving kisses, and waves, and now points at EVERYTHING. It's cute! She also wiggles her fingers when you ask her where her fingers are! Not bad for an 8 month old!
No walking yet, though, she's been standing with no support for longer periods of time more frequently. Honestly, I'm okay with waiting awhile for that, I already have to keep an eagle eye on her and walking will only make that worse! :)
Off topic here, but please pray for my mom, she had hip replacement surgery on Wednesday and feels like crap! I'm sure it can't be fun to have that done, but we know it's for the best. Her hip was in bad shape!
Well, I am hoping to update again soon, but it might be after Christmas. If I don't write until then, have a very Merry Christmas! I hope that it is filled with laughter, love, and good friends and family.

1 comments:

Jimmie's Auntie Amber said...

A play area sounds like a great idea. I have been keeping you guys and finances with the restaurant in my prayers! Hang in there!

Post a Comment