Still on O2 10:35 PM

Well, I got a message from the doctors office(apparently I missed the call!), and Maddy still needs to be on oxygen...so they say. The probe we got this time didn't conform to her foot well at all, it seemed very old and didn't bend alot. So, it kept sliding up her foot, down her foot, everywhere but the right spot! When this happened the readings would dip into the 80's, but as soon as I fixed it, it would jump back up to the 90's. I would like to explain this to the doctors. However, they said she just needs it now while she sleeps. Her levels are in the upper 90's when she is awake, so she's fine there!
We have Gabriella's O2 sensor from her stay in the NICU, the nurse put it in her box of things they gave us, and I think that I might use that one the next time around. It is a much newer, much better designed sensor and I think that it would give more accurate readings. I just hope it compatible with the machine.
Anyhow, I also think that we are going to go ahead and switch to the family practice doctor instead of waiting until Maddy comes off the oxygen. We can still use the same oxygen company, so there is really no need to wait!
Besides the oxygen thing, things are going well, although Maddy has seemed to have her days and nights extremely backwards lately! she's been waking up in the evenings around 11 or so, and not really going back to sleep for any length of time until almost 6 in the morning!!! I guess it's a good thing we are night owls!
She has also started smiling at us now, it's so cute!!! I have yet to capture one of those smiles on camera, but I know I will soon!
So, I am thinking that there will be another O2 test ordered when we go in for her 2 month checkup. Jana gave me a TKM tip to help with her O2 levels at night. She said to put the pad of Maddy's thumb to the nailbed of the ring finger and tape it when she is sleeping. Her husband had trouble with his oxygen when they moved to Denver and within a few nights of doing that, it wasn't an issue anymore! Maddy is really squirmy, especially with her hands, but we are going to try it tonight.
Well, I hear a little girl that's fussy, so I should go. I will keep you all updated!
Jet

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Your mom showed me a picture she has on her phone of Maddy and she is so darn cute. I can't wait to see her in person. I can't wait to see more pictures. I'll keep praying about the oxygen.
Love you,
Aunt Leanne

Jimmie's Auntie Amber said...

Arg! Still praying about the oxygen. That would be very special if Gabby could help her sissy pass her oxygen test next time by using her sensor.

It is a good thing you guys are night owls cause that would kill me. LOL!

Missed you at the shower! And I am the queen at takeing FOREVER to get things in the mail. 0-:

Love ya!

Post a Comment